Mike Gurtler has been working in and around the insurance industry, managing risk and keeping people safe, for the last 20 years. Prior to that Mike worked with youth-serving agencies for nearly 20 years. Mike has been a CEO, a small business owner, and a successful entrepreneur. He has built two homes, managed commercial building renovations and construction projects and now focuses his experience and knowledge on helping the people that live and work in the communities of Downeast Maine.
Mike has lived in Bar Harbor, Maine for the last 25 years with his family and is involved with local Town government, volunteer service and outdoor recreation.
Commercial Experience Highlights:
- Conducted over 1,000 property inspections over the last 20 years
- A member in good standing of the Certified Commercial Property Inspectors Association
- Trained by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in emergency management
- Trained in Life Safety and Electrical Safety by the National Fire Protection Association
- Trained in safe food handling by the National Restaurant Association
- Trained in Active Shooter Preparedness by the US Department of Homeland Security
- National Safety Council Defensive Driving Instructor
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration General Industry Outreach Trainer
- An experienced Child Abuse Prevention Trainer
Residential Experience Highlights:
- Member in good standing of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
- Abide by InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics.
- Follow InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice.
- Certified by InterNACHI in the following competencies:
– Annual Home Maintenance
– Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Inspection
– Chimney Inspector
– Deck Inspection
– Exterior Inspection
– HVAC Inspection
– Moisture Intrusion Inspection
– Mold Inspection
– Private Well Inspector
– Radon Measurement Service Provider
– Residential Electrical Inspection
– Residential Plumbing Inspection
– Roof Inspection
– Septic System Inspection
– Structure, Foundation, Walls and Piers Inspection
– Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection
- State of Maine Onsite Subsurface Wastewater Disposal System Inspector Certification
Mike fulfills at least 24 hours of Continuing Education every year, is available 7 days a week and most evenings, and generates easy-to-read inspection reports.
Maine Radon Service Provider Registration ID: PSM50292
Visit Mike on LinkedIn