Buying a home is one of the largest investments you will ever make. Whether it is a first home, a forever home, a vacation or rental property, it’s important to know what you’re getting into.
A home inspection is the visual examination of the physical structure and systems of a building. Our home inspection helps to discover and document defects that may or may not be obvious to you as a prospective buyer. Such defects can range from simple replacements or repairs, to severe damage or safety and health concerns.
While an appraisal seeks to determine a home’s value, a home inspection seeks to determine its condition. The condition of the home and its systems effect the value of the home you are considering purchasing.
Our Full Inspections include:
• Roof, vents, flashings and trim;
• Gutters and downspouts;
• Skylight, chimney, and other roof penetrations;
• Decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings;
• Eaves, soffits and fascia;
• Grading and drainage;
• Basement, foundation and crawlspace;
• Water penetration and foundation movement;
• Heating system;
• Cooling system;
• Main water shut-off valve;
• Water heating system;
• Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
• Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats;
• Electrical service line and meter box;
• Main disconnect and service amperage;
• Electrical panel(s), breakers and fuses;
• Grounding and bonding;
• GFCIs and AFCIs;
• Fireplace damper door and hearth;
• Insulation and ventilation;
• Garage doors, safety sensors and openers;
• And much more.
Review our Standards of Practice for complete details
Review our Code of Ethics
Choosing the right home inspector can be difficult. Unlike most professionals you hire, you probably won’t meet me until our appointment. Furthermore, different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods, and pricing.
Ultimately, a thorough home inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort.
This, I promise you.